American Beliefs

American Beliefs
One Nation One People One Culture

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Welcome to the Lincoln Society.

Many of us are old friends and all will soon be good friends. America is at an cross roads and we all know it. Lets start a conversation about the American Culture and those things we all hold valuable. God, Country and Family.

The Lincoln Society is a place for those seeking freedom and friends to share it with.

Look for our list of officers soon. Also other information about meetings, writings, videos and audio information.

Have fun. We win when we show up.
Mason Weaver

2 comments:

  1. abe lincoln stated:
    I will say then that I am not, nor have I ever been in the favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races . . . There must be a position of superior and inferior, and I... am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race ... I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position that the negroe should be deprived everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. more:
    I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

    ReplyDelete